Market Edge Academy
The Market Edge Academy brings applied learning to organizations that want to develop pragmatic commercial excellence.
For over 25 years, Market Edge has delivered client-tailored capability development programs for global, category leading businesses. The Market Edge Academy brings that experience to participant teams from diverse organizations.
Cross-functional teams develop a shared understanding of market dynamics, customer insights and competitive implications. Core content is introduced in plenary sessions followed by team based application in private breakout groups with confidential coaching from Market Edge consultants.
Teams leave The Market Edge Academy with common language, frameworks and pragmatic tools, delivering effective and efficient implementation.
See our available Academy programs below to learn more about each offer, including upcoming dates and locations.
Globally, we have started to return to face-to-face engagements based on the client’s local public health regulations and company policies.
Daily, online program modules are 2 – 4 hours in length and participants still receive our expert facilitation and downloads of Market Edge program materials, tools, and frameworks to build effective Marketing and Sales plans.
“Collaborating with Market Edge accelerated our ability to connect our worldwide community of Marketers and shaped how we launch new products to drive growth for the organization.”
Breana Roides, Senior Manager, WW Marketing Education Global Education Solutions, Johnson & Johnson
“The Market Edge program provides a methodology to truly develop solutions relevant to your customers needs. Even better, it provides means to determine who the right customers are”
Todd Nilsen, Marketing Lead, MTF Biologics
“With Market Edge’s analysis and pragmatic approach, we were able to create, articulate and capture more value. Market Edge helped deliver faster growth and improved profitability for our business unit.”
Steve Medvetz, Business Leader at W. L. Gore and Associates Inc.
The Strategic Marketing Program is for marketing leaders that need to
- Develop and communicate actionable market insights
- Segment and target customers to focus scarce resources
- Develop value propositions that communicate compelling messages to target customers
- Build segment specific offers that capture the value created
$2,850 per person
Pricing is for commercial leaders responsible for setting price and capturing value.
During the Pricing program, participants learn the core concepts associated with price setting and value capture:
- Quantifying value creation from the customer’s perspective
- Evaluating next best alternative competition (“in kind” and “not in kind”)
- Developing dynamic value maps to model competitive price changes
- Analyzing discount and rebate efficiency and consistency (transactional pricing analysis)
- Setting price with confidence
Participants (individuals or teams) apply the concepts to an agreed pricing challenge in their business, generating an immediate return on investment. Pricing includes the following tool box of proven, pragmatic Market Edge tools:
- Value Creation
- Value Pricing (Value Maps)
- Price Change Analysis
- Transactional Pricing
$1,950 per person
Market Activation & Campaigns
Market Activation and Campaigns is for individuals and teams responsible for translating marketing strategies into specific commercial activities, from new product launches to seasonal campaigns.
Market Activation and Campaigns includes a ‘tool box’ of proven, pragmatic tools and templates, including
- Critical Purchase Criteria analysis
- Influencer Map
- Touchpoint analysis and prioritization
- Product Launch and Campaign Plan Templates
- Participants apply the process and ’tool box’ to their business with coaching from Market Edge Sr. Consultants
$1,950 per person
Key Account Management
Key Account Management is for commercial leaders that need to
- Identify accounts that have the potential to be real strategic partners and those that are large, transactional customers
- Develop broader, actionable insights about target key accounts
- Formulate potential new value propositions that will improve the supplier’s strategic importance
- Engage the target key account to create shared ownership of new offers and joint initiatives
$1,500 per person
Other Market Edge Programs
Value Pricing, Customer Engagement, Negotiation Skills, Business Unit Strategy, Market Driven Innovation