A leading supplier of pharmaceutical and medical technology products launched a new commercial team in order to drive sales in the managed healthcare sector.
Market Edge collaborated with the client and its target accounts to
- Define core customer needs (and the associated field sales force capabilities required)
- Develop, launch and assess a 360-degree capability assessment that increased understanding of the business system, consumers, caregivers, key influencers and critical success factors for the sales force.
- Design and implement a capability framework to close gaps from analysis above
The assessment process led to the development of a Commercial Capability Framework that included
- New roles and associated profiles
- Commercial working processes
- Commercial competency mode
- New specific skills (e.g. solution selling to hospitalValue Analysis Committees)
Organizational development is currently being implemented to deliver the new capabilities to 120 individuals in 4 global regions. Performance measures and feedback loops monitor progress. Objectives are in place for specific KPI measurement upon completion.